Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Video: Sloan-"The Rest of My Life"

Sloan's been one of my favorite power pop bands for many years now, but I have to say that I vastly prefer their 90s output to what they've done this decade. In fact, Navy Blues would rank in my top 20 (if not top 10) discs of the 90s.

As for their 00s stuff, I thought Never Hear The End of It was a fine artistic achievement, but the only song that jumped out at me after multiple listens was "Fading Into Obscurity". And here's the only song I'd take from 2003's Action Pact to make a compilation, but what a fine track it is:

1 comment:

Snap Crackle Pop! said...

Steve,

Steve, steve, steve. You do so much for so many. You find the songs that make the whole world sing. But when it comes to never hear the end of it, you won't hear the end of it from me.

And I have two words for you:

Ill Placed Trust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GthokC2S3aE).

Always your fan, tho.

-craig (aka snap, crackle, pop host).